Rules and Regulation Regarding the Open Call Art Form
- No entry fee is required for artwork submission and the selected participants.
- The artworks must be framed accordingly.
- Required minimum Age 18+.
- 3 copies colored photographs of the artworks are to be submitted for the selection.
- Interested artists can registered through website: http://cmlla.artopolitan.com/ or submit 5R sized prints of the works In person to the BSA authority.
- For Painting, Photograph, Ceramic, Oriental Painting, Digital Print and Sculpture the maximum size Is 6x6'x6'.
- For installations it is 10'x10'x10' in dimension.
- For sculptures and installations pictures taken from 3 different dimensions are to be submitted.
- Performance and Video artists can submit their videos of the artworks through website:-httpJ/cmlla.artopolitan.com/ or CDs in person.
- Artwork previously exhibited or awarded at Bangaladesh Shilpakala Academy will not be accepted
- Artworks created from 2016 to 2019 are eligible for submission.
- Every photo submitted has to have serial numbers, titles and concept notes.
- The information put in the application form has to clear and a short artist CV is to be attached.
- The chief curator and the other curators will curate the show maintaining proper research with meaningful and aesthetic aspects.
- The organizers will not be responsible for any kind of damage. However, they will put maximum caring efforts to keep the artworks safe and secured.
- International artists should send their artworks with taking proper insurance and of their own costs.
- If sold 30% of the selling prize will be donated to the organizers.
- By participating, the participants agree to acknowledge and abide by the rules and regulations stated above.
- The authority has the ability to change any of the rules without prior notice during the event.
Timeline for Showcasing the Artworks
- Submissions are to be made from 17.01.2019 to 31.01.2019.
- Selected participants will be notified by 05.02.2019.
- The selected artworks must be delivered at the given address from February 18 to February 20, 2019.
- The display will be held at the galleries 5 and 6, of the National Art Gallery, Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy, Shegunbagicha, from February 23 to March 09, 2019.
- On the concluding day (March 09, 2019) to March 11, 2019, the participants have to collect their submitted artworks from 5pm to 7pm daily. After that the organizer's will not be responsible for any kind of damage of the artworks.
Selection and Award
Any decision taken by the unbiased selection committee is absolute regarding the primary selection and the selection of the winners. No complaints in this regard will be acknowledged. The best artworks will receive a Grand and four Honorable Mention Awards.
Location and media of submission
- Selected artworks must be sent to the following address: Department of Fine Art, National Art Gallery, Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy, ShegunElagicha, Ramna, Dhaka-1000.
- Handheld or personal submissions are to be made from 10 am to 5pm.